The tithe is a tenth of our income that we give to the work of the Lord. The first mention of the tithe is in Gen 14:18 – 20 where Abraham gave a tithe to Melchizedek the priest. The Law of Moses establishes the giving of the tithe in Lev 27:30-32.
In the New Testament, the Lord Jesus mentions the tithe as something that we should continue along with the other important duties of the law such as justice, mercy and faithfulness (Matt 23:23). The Apostle Paul further mentions that our attitude towards giving should be cheerful and generous (2 Cor 9:6-13).
TIME AND TALENTS
God asks us not only to give a tithe of our “treasures” here on earth, but also to give out of time and talents. Please look at our list and prayerfully consider in which area God is calling you to serve.
Listed below are some different ways on how to use your time and talents around Intercessor:
- Office Volunteers (for more information click here)
- Choir (for more information click here)
- Sunday School (for more information click here)
- Toddler (for more information click here)
- Nursery (for more information click here)
- Babysitting for our Crave service held on the first Wednesday of each month (for more information click here)